Mung bean soup
- Mung beans – ½ cup, overnight – or at least 1 hour before cooking – soak in water.
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
- Hing (Asafoetida) – 2 pinches
- Ajwain (King Cumin) – 2 pinches
- Freshly grated ginger – 1/3 teaspoon
- Black pepper (powder) – 1/3 teaspoon
- Cumin – 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt – as needed
- Coriander – as needed
- Ghee / oil for cooking – 1 tablespoon
Preparation (20 minutes)
- Put the poured mung beans together with 6 cups of water in a pot and cook until the mung beans are tender (about 20 minutes for previously soaked mung beans, uneaten mung beans take longer).
- Put ghee / oil in a pan and in it the spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the sautéed spices, salt and cilantro to the mung beans. Stir and serve the soup warm.
Athena studies Chinese & Economics at the University of Cologne. Having spent many years in China and Japan, she has developed an interest in holistic medicine. Based on her interest, Athena joined Sri Sri Tattva as a content writer, social media manager and translator.
Connect with Athena: email@example.com | Read more posts from Athena.