Kicheri: A classic of Ayurvedic cuisine
For all those who want to recharge their batteries, our recipe for Kicheri is just right! The small mung bean sticks full of minerals and trace elements. The extra portion of ghee with its high proportion of fat-soluble vitamins provides optimal conditions for cell renewal. Just try it!
- ½ cup white organic rice
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup of mung beans
- 2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of ghee
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 2 pinches of cumin (whole)
- Wash rice and mung beans thoroughly three times.
- In a medium-sized pot on a high level, bring the rice, mung beans, ½ teaspoon turmeric with water to a boil.
- Then reduce over low heat and simmer for 30 minutes covered until the rice and mung beans are soft.
- Season with salt.
- Fry the black pepper and cumin in ghee in a small pan.
- Distribute the ghee pepper cumin mixture over the kicheri.
- Serve warm.
Athena studies Chinese & Economics at the University of Cologne. Having spent many years in China and Japan, she has developed an interest in holistic medicine. Based on her interest, Athena joined Sri Sri Tattva as a content writer, social media manager and translator.
Connect with Athena: email@example.com | Read more posts from Athena.